In My Shoes – Storytellers https://youtu.be/rqcePPr9QPw
- Social Caring and Sharing
- Welcome to the Internet Crime Fighters Org
- Our Children and Teens Need Your help
- We Must Stop the Trend
- How You Can Help
- What We are Doing
- Sharing a Piece of My Personal Life
- LIfe Begins
- My First Foster Home – Child Neglect
- Rape, Sexual, Physical, and Emotional Abuse
- The Bullying Begins at School and Work
- So, There You Have It
- This Job is Too Big For Me
- Share this:
Social Caring and Sharing
My Shriner’s Motto “No Man Stands So Tall as When He Stoops to Help a Child”
Welcome to the Internet Crime Fighters Org
- ICFO researches follows and posts on all forms of Internet crime
- To raise awareness of Internet risk to you, your children, families, and business
- Our priority lie with crimes against children and teens
- ICFO started in September 2013 and replaced all previouse efforts
- As of this posting, we have managed to receive only 385 likes
- Our total receipts for donations over the past 3.5 years is just $5.00
- Attempts to raise funds through sponsors, advertising, and donations
- Fall when our traffic numbers and ranking online are examined
- So, we need your likes and shares to improve our standing online
Let us face it
- It is easy to understand that if I post a picture of my wife and daughter,
- flowers, or pets that everyone that sees that post will jump at the chance to,
- like, love, and share with their friends who in turn re-share the post.
- Still, others who thrive on someone else’s misery or abuse will quickly share
- the post which often sends the post or video viral.
- However, serious posts are seldom read, liked, shared or commented on
- Even those of value to you and your friends should be liked and shared
- Identity theft, Shopping Online, Ransomware, Dating Scams, Senior Scams
- Crimes against babies, children, and teens are repulsive, even sickening
- Such posts are blocked by many browsers, parental controls, and security
- So, we ask for Your Help get our message out through social media
Our Children and Teens Need Your help
- Self-harm and teen suicides continue to rise
- Apathy and indifference to the internet continue to kill our children
- At the very time when our children need us the most
- Parents seem to have abdicated their parental roles
- To the Internet through computers and mobile devices
- Families have disengaged in conversation as a family unit
As a result
- Children as young as five years old have Unsupervised Access
- To the dangers of the internet
- Children as young as nine years old are watching porn and sexting
- Predators and Pedophiles hide behind Fake Profiles
- The Grooming of children and cyber harassment is increasing
- Leading to an increase in self-harm and teen suicides
- Apathy and indifference to internet crime continue to kill our children
We Must Stop the Trend
- Our children’s safety and security online is everyone’s responsibility
- We must stop the internet from shaping the minds of our children
- and re-assume our responsibilities as parents and concerned citizens
- Children must be supervised and monitored
- So. if we fail to act, the predators and paedophiles
- will gladly take up children’s grooming for you
- Does your child have 1500 school friends?
- Do you know all of them?
How You Can Help
- Social media is our best resource
- Your caring and sharing will help us spread our message
- Only your closest friends will tell you everything
- Others are unlikely to ask or know where to get help
- Get started helping now with your Likes. Comments and Sharing
- Click Here for Our Facebook Page or https://www.facebook.com/internetcrimefighters/
- Thanks for Caring
What We are Doing
- All content may be printed and downloaded
- Added a table of contents to all posts
- No more scrolling a long post for something of interest
- Adding more video content and even music links
- Occasionally offer a story or personal experience
- We welcome yours as well as your recommendations
Sharing a Piece of My Personal Life
Hopefully, this sharing will help you or someone you know. Suicide is NEVER the Answer
- I was born in early 1939 in Boston Massachusetts,
- My mother was from a wealthy family in Connecticut.
- She was not married and Grandmother shielded the family name from the shame
- By using her money to have the hospital to tell my mother that I was DOA
- Mother and grandmother return to Connecticut.
- I met my mother for the first time in 1981; some 42 Years after birth.
- Imagine her shock to find out that her DOA baby was alive and had earned a Ph.D.
- I learned that my unknown father was a preacher’s son.
- She was married with two children; a half brother and sister
- My mother had bone cancer
- The children seemed concerned that I was there to claim my share of the family inheritance
- The brother and sister enjoyed a much better life than mine as my story continues
- Mother died less than a year later from bone cancer
- I remained in Boston as a ward of the state
- Massachusetts failed to supervise and ensure my safety.
- I was born with cerebral palsy which made my right leg turn inward towards the left
- Although I was put up for adoption, I had no takers as most were seeking a healthy baby
- I remained in a children’s home care ward
- under study, testing, learning to walk until about 2-3 years of age
- From there I was put into the Massachusetts Foster Care System where my abuse started.
- A system where unsupervised parents can receive a child into their home
- to care for in return for a small monthly fee.
My First Foster Home – Child Neglect
- I lived in the attic where I played with spiders and flies.
- Naturally, I attracted a lot of flies since I do not remember bathing.
- I used to pull off one of their wings and watch them go in circles.
- I never ate with the family
- and did my toilet business outside the home under the stairs
- In the heat of the Summer and the bitter cold of the Massachusetts Winters
- Some two years later I was removed from that home by the State
- I was near death due to extreme malnutrition
- and so bloated that it permanently deformed my ribs.
- I looked like those Care campaign posters of starving children
- Except, this happened here in the United States, under Massachusetts care
Rape, Sexual, Physical, and Emotional Abuse
- I entered my second foster home at about age five
- and lived in a large room with two other boys
- Due to my malnutrition,
- I had not developed a natural resistance to disease
- So, I suffered most of popular and some unpopular sicknesses
- as the lady or mother nourished me back to life.
- However, I was so sickly and ugly that my recovery took a couple of years
- Shortly after arriving in the home a man also joined us in the room.
- I understood that he had been sent home from the war.
- It didn’t take long for him to fondling, force himself on me and rape me.
- I was too weak to stop his advances and too scared to say anything
- I was his toy for all forms of sex. But
- I wasn’t his only victim
- as there was a girl in another room that also endured his visits.
- As we grew up, she and I never talked about him.
The Bullying Begins at School and Work
- I started both school and working at age 8.
- The other children bullied me for my skeletal looks, deformed ribs, and the problem with my leg.
- However, since I worked the more I worked, the stronger I became
- I soon made friends since I brought Devil Dogs to school. I wonder if they still make them
- As I got stronger and stronger, the school bullying stopped
- after I managed to beat the top bully as friends watched
- The lady of the foster home learned that I had a Catholic Girl Friend
- The lady beat me
- Southern Baptist no dancing, no touching or proximity with non-Baptist believers
- I walked out of school at age 16 after a dispute with my teacher over who was talking in class
- I went to work full time, baling paper goods, making women’s shoes and kosher frozen chickens
- I love my kosher chicken story, but maybe another time
- After 4 or 5 foster homes, businesses that I started, and my other jobs,
- Massachusetts agreed to let me enter the USN at age 17
- I received my GED and did my college studies at night and on weekends
- My efforts paid off and I became a US Naval Officer, later resigning after 17 years
So, There You Have It
- A part of my life story in short form and why children receive our priority
- I have been there and done that even before the I got the T Shirt craze
- I am a victim and a survivor, and hopefully, my success and sharing will help another
This Job is Too Big For Me
- There is Only One of Me, so I Need Your Help
- Remember only your closest friends tell you everything
- Others that could use your help may never ask
- Help Support Us with Your Likes, Shares, Comments
- and Perhaps a Donation
Thanks for reading or listening to our Social Caring and Sharing
Dr. Don Yates Sr Ph.D., Founder or https://about.me/drdony/
My Shriner’s Motto “No Man Stands So Tall as When He Stoops to Help a Child”
Help Support Our Work